Ah, high school graduation. The end of an era, the beginning of a new one. And what better way to celebrate this milestone than with gifts? But let’s be honest, finding the perfect gift for a high school graduate can be a daunting task. So, to make your life easier (and more enjoyable), I’ve compiled a list of high school graduation gifts with a touch of humor.
Isn’t it time to get beyond “Oh, The Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss or even “The Naked Roommate and 107 Other Issues You Might Run Into In College” by Harlan Cohen? While high school graduation is both a practical and a sentimental time, injecting a little humor with your gift will always be welcome.
- “Adulting for Dummies” book: Let’s face it, high school doesn’t exactly prepare you for the real world. This book will provide your graduate with all the essential tips and tricks for navigating adulthood. Because let’s be honest, we’re all still trying to figure it out.
- A “congratulations, you’re finally out of the house” welcome mat: Nothing says “welcome to the real world” like a doormat. This one is perfect for the graduate who’s ready to spread their wings and fly the coop. And let’s be real, their parents will appreciate it too.
- A “college survival kit”: For the graduate who’s heading off to college, this kit includes all the essentials: Ramen noodles, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, and of course, a set of earplugs for those noisy dorm rooms. It’s not glamorous, but it’s necessary.
- “I survived high school” t-shirt: Let your graduate proudly display their accomplishment with this t-shirt. It’s a humorous reminder of all the drama, tests, and teenage angst they endured to get to this point.
- A personalized “future billionaire” coffee mug: Hey, a little bit of positive thinking never hurt anyone. This mug is perfect for the graduate who’s ready to take on the world and make their millions.
- A “do not disturb” sign: Whether your graduate is heading off to college or moving back in with their parents, they’ll appreciate the ability to have some alone time. This sign is a subtle way of saying “I need my space.”
- A copy of “The Graduate” on DVD: This classic movie is a must-watch for any high school graduate. It’s a humorous and relatable tale of post-graduation uncertainty and confusion.
- A “congratulations on surviving high school” care package: Fill a box with all the essentials: stress balls, energy drinks, Advil, and maybe even a little home-baked treat. It’s a humorous way to congratulate them on making it through the trials and tribulations of high school.
- A “build your own future” LEGO set: This LEGO set is perfect for the creative and ambitious graduate. It’s a humorous way to encourage them to build their own future and reach for the stars.
- A subscription to a comedy magazine: Laughter is the best medicine, and your graduate will appreciate a subscription to a magazine that will provide them with plenty of laughs during those tough days ahead.
So there you have it, a list of high school graduation gifts with a touch of humor. Whether you’re looking for something practical, sentimental, or just plain silly, these gifts are sure to make your graduate smile. And remember, the best gift you can give them is your love and support as they embark on this next chapter of their life.
Bierer is an independent college adviser based in Charlotte. Send questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.bierercollegeconsulting.com