One-of-a- Kind Virtual Event next week for parents and counselors – April 13th
RYAN CRAIG SCOTT JASCHIK RICK CLARK
ACHIEVE PARTNERS INSIDE HIGHER ED GEORGIA TECH
Please excuse the “shameless plug” here, but I really think our one-day ACCELERATOR virtual event will be of great interest to both counselors and parents of college-bound students. Yes, I have been working very hard to bring together some of the best thought-leaders in our industry. The ACCELERATOR day runs from 11am- 7 pm Eastern Time (8 am – 4 pm Pacific Time).
Here is the link to the page ACCELERATOR 2023 with links to an hour-by-hour schedule ACCELERATOR SCHEDULE – 2023 and the ACCELERATOR REGISTRATION. The event is powered by CounselMore – the college counseling platform that streamlines the work and allows counselors and families to focus on their college admissions process.
We have three keynote speakers:
- Scott Jaschik – one of the founders and editors of Inside Higher Ed. He will address the topic of “Hate on Campus: A Collision Between Free Speech and Security.” Immediately following his presentation we’ll have a panel discussion with: Shane Windmyer, founder of Campus Pride, Joe LeMire, Director of Security at Elon University, Mark Rotenberg from Hillel’s national office, and Brenda Wilkerson, IECA DEI Committee Member.
- Ryan Craig – Managing Director of Achieve Partners and frequent contributor to Gap Letter, Forbes, TechCrunch, Inside Higher Education, and Fortune, among others. Ryan has also written the book on apprenticeships called “Apprentice Nation” as well as the very popular “College Disrupted.” He will focus on “Jumping off the Treadmill: Higher Ed Alternatives.” He will moderate his own panel discussion with Keri McWilliams, Executive Director of the Gap Year Association, Marc Gray representing Highlands Battery Assessment, and Marie Schwartz, President of TeenLife.
- Rick Clark – perennial conference favorite, awesome blogger as well as the Assistant Vice Provost and Executive Director of Undergrad Admission at Georgia Tech. Rick will tackle “The Future of College Admissions.” Rick will be joined by Meredith Lombardi from Common Application, Adam Ingersoll, President of Compass Prep, and, Mark Cruver, Chat GPT guru and creator of the timely company AI for the IEC.
Wow, that’s a line-up. Speaking of Wow… We have also a variety of Counselor Conversations with the following educational experts:
- WowWriting Workshop, Susan Knoppow
- Athletes to Athletes, Reid Meyer
- Social Assurity, Alan Katzman
- Campanile Tours, Elizabeth Stone
- Cyndy McDonald, a true industry innovator
- Nagla Orlando, expert in Parent Resources
Please share this with your families and let me know if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for this ACCELERATOR or the next one we’re planning.